How to request Data deletion on Facebook
You might have used Facebook login on many of the popular websites. Some unknowingly or knowingly. Might have installed a game or given sites permission to log into your Facebook account, to make onboarding easier.
But if you’ve been following the news around Cambridge Analytica, the data consultancy firm hired by the Donald Trump campaign for the 2016 US election that harvested the data of up to 50 million Facebook users without their permission through data collected from third-party apps, you may want to know how to make sure that something similar isn’t happening to you.
Instructions on how to Delete Data from apps using Facebook
- Go to Facebook.com (On Desktop)
- Click the little arrow all the way on the top-right of the screen
- Click on Settings
- Look for the Apps button on the menu on the left-hand side of the screen and click on it
- This page will tell you how many other apps have access to all or some of your Facebook data
- Click the Show All button about halfway down to see every app
- You have to click on the little “x” that appears when you hover over an app to delete each one of them, one-by-one
- Start with the apps or sites that you don’t use
Once you have deleted apps, You are all set. Your Facebook Data will be deleted from that particular app or website. And they will no longer have the access to you Facebook account.
Second Method to Request Data Deletion for Facebook account
Click on box—the one labelled “Apps, Websites and Plugins”—if you click the Edit button on this one, you have the option to block any app or game from using Facebook. But then if you use Facebook to log into any other service, you will lose access. Facebook has inserted itself into the web in such a way that the same ways it’s become so useful to us are the ways it uses us to sell our information.
You might not be able to get your app approved any longer without providing clear instructions to the end user on how to delete the Data or Data Call back URL.
To make it easier to get your App approved you can use this link and put it in the Data Deletion Instructions in Facebook App Basic settings.
This should be enough to get your app approved. If you would like to do the advance option you can follow the link for Data call back URL